Monday, May 16, 2011

Rick Ross Says He Was Inspired By Bad Boy & Cash Money For Maybach Music Group & Video: Meek Millz feat. Rick Ross “I’m a Boss” (Off Self Made)



Ricky Rozay’s new squad of rhymers sat down with Erika/Billboard Mag for a little pow wow on their movement. Each member gets a turn on the mic and explains why they’re fully confident in Rozay executing their musical visions. Ross also cites the great rap empires of the late 90’s and early 2000’s as sources of inspiration for him to move forward with his own dynasty.

“Building Maybach Music Group, building this empire, of course I was inspired by some of the earlier movements and earlier dudes that came along such as Cash Money [and] Bad Boy Records. To me, when I really think about the greatest era of hip-hop, that was the greatest eras of hip-hop; when I turned on the TV and saw Big, Mase, Junior Mafia, and the Lox. That was the most exciting era of hip-hop. I looked at the No Limit era and saw that camaraderie that they had, that unity, that brotherhood that they shared. I think it spilled over from [their] music,” Rick Ross says.

Bonus: Meek Millz feat. Rick Ross “I’m a Boss” (Off Self Made)

No comments: